Application: Dodge Cummins 6.7L
Submitted by: Performance Training Techniques LLC
Dodge Cummins 6.7L
This bulletin is to aid you on resetting the Perform Service indicator you will find on a Dodge 6.7L with the EVIC displaying this message.
PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR- RESET the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure: 1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine). 2. Press and release the brake pedal two times. 3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds. 4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position. NOTE: if the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.
To reset the “change oil” message on the EVIC, Turn the key to run without starting the engine and press the accelerator pedal 3 times within 10 seconds.
Note that on the Dodge Cummins we have dealt with multiple messages that required clearing codes and performing the above procedures.
Some vehicle may also show a message to contact dealer as well with the Perform Service Message and no codes set. Perform the procedure above.
Here are other messages you can have:
WHAT YOU WILL SEE IN THE OVERHEAD DISPLAY:
• “Exhaust Filter xx% Full” – Indicates that the DPF is approaching full.
• “Regeneration Required Now” – indicates you will need to intervene by changing your driving mode. See owner manual.
• “Regeneration in Process” – Indicates the DPF is self-cleaning. Please try to maintain you current driving condition until regeneration is complete.
• “Regeneration Completed” – DPF self-cleaning in complete.
• “Service Required-See Dealer Now” – Indicated DPF regeneration is not functioning. Your Check Engine Light (MIL) may come on. Please see dealer. IMMEDIATE SERVICD IS REQUIRED. Damage to the exhaust system could occur soon with continued operation.
• “Exhaust Filter FULL –Power Reduced- See Dealer” – Your DPF is full. Engine power will be reduced to decrease risk of damage. IMMEDIATE SERVICE REQUIRED. Please see dealer immediately. Damage to the exhaust system will occur with continued operation.